Owen Reed are recruiting for a Junior Legal PA. The Junior Legal PA will report to the Team Leader.
The Junior Legal PA will assist fee earners to perform the task of providing legal services to clients, helping them to maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning and other essential non fee-earning tasks. The Junior Legal PA will assist in the management and execution of the fee earners day to day workload, working in conjunction with the Legal DP Secretaries and business support departments.
The main duties of Junior Legal PA will include:
• Managing fee earner administrative processes, utilising appropriate resource;
• Developing an understanding of matter management processes
• Adhering to the Firm's risk and compliance policies and procedures and raising any issues or queries
• Working towards developing a skillset in order to support fee earners;
• Building rapport with colleagues;
• Working towards managing diaries;
• Working towards arranging meetings, booking conference rooms, refreshments, checking rooms prior to meetings etc and liaising with other attendees, both internal and external;
• Working towards organising travel arrangements, booking and confirmation of reservations and dealing with related invoices;
• Arranging for (or where not appropriate), conducting photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc;
• Opening and closing of general files, general filing, record keeping and archiving of files;
• Using effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
• Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
• Monitoring post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate;
• Liaising with business support departments on behalf of fee earners;
• Liaising with the department’s Co-ordinator and Team Leader over any planned absences;
• Working towards being part of client care team and becoming familiar with contacts/clients;
• Entering, maintaining and updating client details and relevant information on the Firm’s CRM/contacts system;
• Working towards dealing with basic client queries and general administration, particularly in relation to key clients;
• Working towards arranging client meetings.
• Checking correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, faxes etc;
• Typing of urgent/short/confidential correspondence and emails;
• Producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets as required.
• Understanding and assisting with the billing process and associated financial management tasks.
• Engaging with fee earners to understand and assist in general financial housekeeping.
• Assisting PAs and fee earners in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the fee earner and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system;
• Requesting cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
For more details on this role, please contact Priya Odedra
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions