Verbatim Property Lawyers
Conveyancing Legal Secretary/ Receptionist Specification
We are URGENTLY looking for an experienced member of staff to assist with expanding conveyancing practice in Woodford Green. The applicant should have at least a minimum of 6 months practical experience.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Dealing with dictations of the Directors and producing accurate and presentable documentation for the Director to check and sign off.
2. Post Duties: Collect DX in the morning and receive post (open, stamp & distribute) and take responsibility for all out-going post;
3. Open files (allocate numbers) and initiate contact with clients and other side’s solicitor;
4. Answering and screening of telephone calls before forwarding to relevant fee earner and documenting messages;
5. Responding to solicitors/clients etc by written and electronic mail as and when required by Director or fee earner or;
6. Dealing with post-exchange matters such as Official Search with Priority, Bankruptcy Searches and sending exchange memo’s;
7. Dealing with post- completion matters such as Stamp Duty Land Tax, Land Registration and Archiving;
8. Arranging standard insurance for conveyancing transactions
9. Managing the office in terms of ordering stationery and paying bills and other miscellaneous basic management matters.
11. General support of Directors and fees earners with transactions.
12. Other miscellaneous tasks commensurate with experience and position.
The candidate should have the following skills and experience
1. Be IT literate and be able to use latest windows programs
2. Be enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
3. Have excellent telephone manner
4. Be able to work under pressure
5. Have excellent organisational skills
6. Live locally or at least within a 5 mile radius
7. Be able to use initiative and proactive
Pay and conditions will depend on experience.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to email@example.com for consideration.
We shall contact you if we have considered your CV and would like to call you for an interview.
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions