We currently have a vacancy for a Secretarial Administrator to support the London Real Estate Group on a fixed term contract for six months. The successful candidate will provide high quality administrative support and work proactively on all administrative tasks to achieve excellent client service, working closely with the Group’s PAs. Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Post & Couriers: Sort incoming post and distribute to relevant partners and associates in a timely manner. First point of contact for urgent couriers, accounts requests and General Office runs.
• Printing, Photocopying and Scanning: Deal with all printing and photocopy requests, to include the printing of large documents and plans, fee earner emails, preparing engrossments of Leases, Licences, Deeds of Covenant, Section 54 papers, etc. and collating attachments (delegating to General Office where necessary). Finishing documents e.g. binding, collating and indexing into files. Scanning documents to .pdfs and from .pdf to Word, ensuring all documents scanned to the Document Management System are accurately profiled and filed. Storing documents on client Extranets where appropriate.
• General Admin: Assist with general admin tasks to include the maintenance of client contacts on InterAction, recording of timesheets, submission of expenses on Chrome River, booking of meeting rooms and taxis and answering the telephone.
• Client and Matter Opening: Assist with client and matter opening process (to include conflict checks and the creation of physical files), the preparation and collation of RM&C documents, drafting terms of engagement letters, and completion of requisite forms on Elite.
• Work with Business Services Teams: Liaise with Operations Teams (to include Accounts, General Office, Newsroom etc.) to complete assigned tasks and to ensure deadlines are met with regard to office procedures. Assist other Administrators when required to manage workflow, meet deadlines and cover holiday and sickness absences.
• File Maintenance & Archiving: Ensure both hard copy and e-filing is carried out promptly in line with agreed systems. Assist with post-completion administration: Schedule and archive deeds and closed files on the FileTrack storage system in accordance with the firm’s procedure. Liaise with the deeds storage team to ensure correct procedures are followed including updating of client extranets, where necessary.
• Diary Management: Assist with basic diary management to include monitoring diaries, scheduling meetings, booking resources for meetings and travel.
• Secretarial & Document Support: Assist with basic general secretarial duties and typing of correspondence and documents.
• Practice Floor Support: Manage office supplies and stationery. Ensure printer ink cartridges are stocked. Assist with tidying and packing up of offices.
• Document Support: Providing assistance with regards to Land Registry searches (to include liaising with the Info Centre) and apply for searches on properties using Searchflow (an online application tool).
• Meeting Room Set Up: Co-ordinating and organising all meeting room set ups, to include IT equipment and facilities as required.
• Ad Hoc: Any other ad hoc administration requests and projects as required.
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (grade A-C) which must include Maths and English;
• Secretarial or ILEX qualification with a minimum of 40wpm typing speed;
• Previous administration experience in a similar role preferred but not essential;
• Good all round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office Products including Word, Outlook and Excel;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Displays initiative, proactivity and ability to prioritise tasks;
• Ability to take instructions and deliver to deadlines;
• Enthusiastic, confident with good organisational skills;
• Polite, courteous and professional approach;
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Olswang is a full-service international law firm famous for our expertise in technology, media and telecommunications. Established over 30 years ago, we have grown to a firm of over 700 people, including 101 Partners, across seven offices. With a distinctive and innovative approach to business, we strongly believe that our people are amongst the brightest and most commercially minded in the profession.
As winners of the Financial Times Innovation Award and ranked as one of the top 50 innovative law firms in Europe, it is our pioneering attitude and entrepreneurial spirit that make our people stand out.
To apply, please click on the following link which will take you to our careers page to complete a short application form - http://fsr.cvmailuk.com/olswang/main.cfm?page=jobSpecific&jobId=28399&rcd=3478518&queryString= or contact Elisa Goldsbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions