Executive Legal Secretary
Monday 20th November 2023
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a confident, client focussed and forward-thinking PA with a high level of discretion to assist the Executive Assistant team in providing support to members of the Senior Management Team (CEO, COO, Global Finance Director, Global Risk Director and Head of Partnership Tax).
Hours: 09:00 to 05:00 (Hyrbid)
This role will work as part of the Senior Management Executive Assistant Team (currently 2 EAs) and will involve dealing with confidential matters in a responsible way. This is an exciting role for a good communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills, required to liaise with people across all offices. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be very organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail and the ability to use their initiative and exercise judgement in challenging situations. In addition to strong data presentation and analysis skills, the successful candidate will be expected to assist with complex tasks and support projects for the Senior Management Team. The role requires a proactive individual who thrives in a pressurised and fast paced environment.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Dealing with confidential issues in a responsible way.
- Assist the Executive Assistants / Senior Management Team with:
- the coordination of meetings, collating agenda items, circulating papers in advance, taking minutes and circulating action points post meeting;
- coordination support on projects and other initiatives undertaken by the senior management team;
- conducting data research and analysis and re-arranging in a coherent format for presentation;
- co-ordination of the communications to partners regarding their tax return process including scheduling meetings for tax team members with individual Partners; collating and distributing paperwork (including the use of mail-merge), booking meeting rooms; and e-filing;
- the production of the firm’s annual business plan;
- the organisational aspects of the Global Partner appraisal process including scheduling appraisal meetings, distributing paperwork, creating spreadsheets, booking meeting rooms and collating paperwork;
- the administration of the partner capital loan process;
- updating and maintaining areas of the firm's intranet system to include the Management and Partner only sections.
- Extensive and often complex diary management; coordinating meetings to best utilise time, managing diary conflicts and preparing any necessary documentation in advance.
- Provide effective mailbox management and maintenance of all electronic mail, including flagging up of any mail or issues that need attention and on occasion responding to email correspondence.
- Arranging complex travel arrangements working across numerous time zones including producing detailed itineraries, anticipating any additional requirements and obtaining visas if required and keeping HR informed of movements.
- Produce accurate, high quality typed work (to the standardisation requirements) from audio and script work, using any of the software packages and document management systems available on the system, providing a same day service or more urgently as required.
- Proofread documents to ensure an accurate and high standard is maintained, demonstrating strong attention to detail at all times.
- General secretarial duties such as answering calls and assisting them in resolving any queries, processing expenses using Chrome River, e-filing, drafting complex correspondence, producing mail merges, spread sheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Applications used: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Filesite, Bighand, 3E, Interaction, Powerpoint, Excel, Chrome River.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
- At least three or four years' experience of working in a professional services environment in an administrative/supporting role i.e. Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant
- Excellent academic background, educated to A level or has equivalent professional experience.
- Fast and accurate typing speed (65 words per minute).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and strong evidence of business writing and numeracy skills.
Skills and attributes
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Have the ability to use own initiative to adapt, and think laterally.
- The ability to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive.
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure.
- Technically advanced in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of Filesite, Bighand, Interaction and Chrome River would be advantageous.
- 12 week probation period.
- 4 week notice period.
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café and more.
View/apply for this job
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.