The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
Dedicated to your career every step of the way
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a motivated Legal Recruiting Assistant to join a top law firm in London. This individual will join a tightly knit local team which partners closely with the broader Firmwide Legal Recruiting and Development Department.
This position will assist with the graduate recruiting and development and lateral attorney recruiting.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent proofing and communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, a very strong attention to detail, and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among lawyers, staff, candidates and recruiters to achieve results. The role will involve dealing with confidential information, so the candidate is expected to understand and be mindful of the personal nature of the work. It can affect a significant amount of overtime during our busy summer and autumn seasons if required.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
• Working closely with the other LRD team members involved in the graduate and lateral recruiting efforts. The split of the work between the two areas will vary and depend on the team's needs at any one time.
• Liaising with legal teams, arranging interviews, greeting candidates, collating feedback for trainees and
• Responsible for tracking applicants through our ATS – CV Mail.
• Keeping on top of background checks and all new joiner processes, including arranging orientation sessions.
• Processing invoices.
• Work with the team to help manage the relationship between the Firm and target universities, advertisers and groups and societies within the student population.
• Keep up to date with new ways to engage and attract UK law students.
• Involved in the promotion of the firm on campus in the UK (attendance at law fairs) where required
• Along with the team, help to review all graduate applications, helping select those suitable for assessment days or interviews. This includes ensuring all materials are up to date for the various assessment days and interview packs collated.
• Helping to organise graduate schemes including events; presentations and assessments and helping the team ensure the smooth running of the scheme. Making sure all necessary paperwork is in place for all attending students.
• Helping administer the open day application process and arrangements for the day including room bookings, catering and registers as well as necessary IT set up.
• Ensure that our future trainees are kept regularly up to date with firm news and that issues surrounding the PGDL and/ or SQE are managed effectively and arranging the payment of maintenance grants.
• Reporting on graduate recruitment statistics to the US for firm wide discussion. Involved in liaising with the US offices in relation to recruiting generally.
• To monitor our competitors and ensure we are constantly improving our approach. Including attending local Graduate Recruiting Forums along with other team members and keeping data in relation to market trends.
• Assist with the co-ordination of the trainee induction program and PSC course for all trainees (where
• Working with the team, organise and arrange the qualification and admission process for our qualifying
trainees. Ensuring compliance with all SRA regulations.
• Overseeing the Unity training diary programme for the trainees. Following up as necessary.
• Setting up all trainee reviews including diarizing and room booking.
• Maintaining a spreadsheet of trainee holidays.
• US Graduate Interviews - along with other team members responsible for organising virtual interview
schedules at Harvard and Columbia/CV collection and arranging any London callback interviews.
• Working with the team to help coordinate the US Summer Programme.
• Working with the team, co-ordinating induction programme, practice group talks and events for two summer vacation schemes or insight days.
• Working with the team; practice groups; and PSLs to co-ordinate the trainee training programme and and ensure all materials and meeting set ups are in order, diary invites sent and updated accurately where
• Keeping up to date on SRA regulations and other regulations such as GDPR. Ensuring firm in compliance.
• Ensure filing systems and processes are up to date including logging of candidate details.
• With the team, understand the relationships with various publications/graduate recruitment marketing strategy partners to maintain K&E in a competitive position.
• Assisting with the qualification process for our trainees. Including SRA requirements.
• Ensuring excellent DMS (Document Management System) filing of important emails and documents
• Assisting the team with diversity; immigration; regulatory and other matters as needed.
• To undertake any other tasks or responsibilities that reasonably fall within the remit of this position. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities duties and skills required for this job classification.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have proven experience in a law firm or professional service industry- (preferably with professional recruitment experience) or within the legal or professional services recruitment industry. An understanding of the legal qualification route to becoming a solicitor is helpful.
• Ability to effectively prioritise and respond to multiple service requests, often while working under tight
• Reliability, commitment and punctuality.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent customer service orientation with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with
attorneys, staff, candidates and recruiters at all levels.
• Professional attire and demeanor.
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.