Junior Litigation Secretary
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. We are in the business of building authentic, long-term relationships with our clients, who are some of the world’s most successful and innovative investors, entrepreneurs and disruptors in the life sciences, private equity, real estate, technology and financial industries, and where they converge. Our immersive understanding of these industries – combined with our expertise across high-stakes litigation and dispute resolution, world-class regulatory compliance and advisory services, and complex transactions – sets us apart. Our Global Operations Team – all business professionals of the firm – was named the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin Secretaries support a team of fast-paced lawyers in a busy, exciting environment.
Our Litigation practice is innovative and market leading in the US. As part of our continued growth in Europe, we now have an established London based disputes team and are continuing to build the team to service the needs of clients around the globe.
We are looking to hire a Junior Litigation Secretary to help support the growing Litigation team in London. The ideal candidate will be a team player, who is intellectually curious and has the ability to build relationships across the firm.
What You’ll Do
- Client Service: Managing communications as requested with regards to answering the phone, taking messages, responding to emails, setting up video conferences etc.
- Document Preparation: Preparing materials such as properly formatted legal papers, correspondence, minutes and general forms. Reading and proof reading documents prior to distribution. Printing, scanning, organising and distributing documents upon request.
- Time Entry/Billing: Inputting team members’ time entries on a daily basis. Opening new client and/or matter numbers and performs conflict checks; demanding prebill selection of monthly bills for attorney review; making appropriate transfers, write-offs, and corrections; applying retainers, on account fees, and on account disbursements for third-party billings; handling special billing requests from clients; maintaining billing files; receiving, copying, filing and submitting client checks to Accounting Department; preparing client audit reports; acting as a liaison with the Accounting Department on past due receivables.
- Scheduling: Scheduling appointments, including meetings, conferences and video conferences. Reserving conference rooms when necessary. Maintaining and tracking schedules and calendars for all attorneys.
- Travel: Arranging domestic and international travel: flights, trains, hotels, taxis, currency, and liaising with the in-house travel provider, as required.
- Expenses/Invoices: Processing and managing all expenses and invoices, liaising with the accounting team when required.
- Mail: Reviewing, prioritising, and routing incoming mail. Preparing outgoing mail and coordinating pickups and deliveries.
- Filing: Organising and consistently maintaining files according to firm guidelines, including, but not limited to client files, filings with authorities, and ongoing cases.
Who You Are
- University Degree or Equivalent preferred, but not required;
- A team player who can work effectively with others;
- Comfortable with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications;
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure;
- Excellent attention to detail and have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with lawyers, staff and clients.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
100 Cheapside, London, London, EC2V6DT, United Kingdom