Wednesday 28th September 2022
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a professional and goal-oriented Practice Team Assistant join an international law firm based near Liverpool Street.
- To provide support to the relevant PA team and fee-earning colleagues by assisting them in the following areas:
- Deliver high-quality, accurate work whilst managing and responding to changing and competing priorities
- Meet required deadlines and negotiate alternate timeframes when necessary, utilising other in-house services as appropriate (e.g. Reprographics, Document Production and General Office)
- Implement effective telephone call management and other communication work practices. Ensure callers and other parties receive a consistent, high quality service and their expectations are managed
- Print, photocopy and scan relevant documents as and when required. This includes assisting with the preparation of Court/Counsel bundles, Deeds and fee earner working papers•File relevant documents in electronic or hard copy files as and when required
- Assist with fee earner expense claims, cheque requisitions and other banking related admin in a timely manner
- Manage own email including timely response, filing of emails (including hard copy filing where necessary)
- Manage the entry of timesheets for partners (where relevant) promptly with accurate use of phase and task codes (if required)
- Assist with the billing administration process which may include the creation of pre-bills, editing of bills and narratives, producing bill cover letters, ebilling set-up/submission and posting onto the system as per firm policy and process
- Assist with making client/matter changes such as adding/amending client addresses, third party payers and making changes to agreed rates at the final billing stage
- Support the team with meeting the required WIP, billing and debtor's day's targets by generating client matter reports and rectifying errors and omissions when required
- Assist with the new business intake administration process which may include, conflict checks, file opening forms, anti-money laundering/agreed rates forms and preparing engagement letters, including checking for retainers
- Assist with quick turnaround document work that cannot be sent to DP
- Assist with organising event/meeting logistics such as booking conference rooms, arranging refreshments, and equipment, arranging dial-in details and VC set-up and making restaurant reservations for client lunches/dinners.
- Assist with point-to-point travel bookings which may include single/return train/flight tickets, hotel and taxi bookings
- Assist with updating client information and relevant databases, following PA or lawyer instructions (eg, InterAction)
- Prepare files for archiving and manage return/retrieval of files following firm guidelines.
- Provide ad hoc support to the group or division, such as assisting with incoming mail, answering the telephones, booking couriers, organising repro/DP submissions, assisting with room moves and any other general administrative duties
- Adhere to firm, office and practice group policies and procedures, including those that are formal, informal, documented or verbal
- Take all necessary steps to ensure you are aware of the correct procedures. Maintaining inquisitive, collaborative and vigilant work habits, keeping abreast of changes and developing more efficient work processes. Demonstrate this in your interactions with others
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactivity in the workplace, including participating in and contributing to secretarial group meetings, firm initiatives, focus groups, pilot groups, team building activities, learning and development sessions and other relevant activities
- Take responsibility for your own learning, undertake recommended training, keep up to date and comply with firm policies, adopt new or improved firm and practice group recommended work practices, and share information with others about better ways of working.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Candidates should ideally have gained some experience in a professional environment but we are happy to consider college leavers with legal secretarial qualifications.
- Typing speed minimum of 45 wpm with 98% accuracy
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to build effective and trusting relationships with people internally and external to the firm
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to think ahead
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and work to meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Good proof-reading skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrates proactivity and ability to act on own initiative
View/apply for this job
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.