The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
Dedicated to your career every step of the way
We are currently looking for a proactive, highly organised, service focused individual to fulfil a crucial role in our support staff within our Private Client Team. The Private Client team is a key part of the business and acts for many clients
Based in Worcester and reporting to the Legal Support Manager you will provide in-depth business support to the Partners and fee earners within the team. This team is has a great reputation locally and are highly recommended, therefore they handle a large volume of work. Being able to organise your time and prioritise your day is essential to this role.
Responsibilities of a Legal Secretary include:
- Managing the file opening process for the team
- Being the first point of contact for clients
- Being the first point of contact for any administrative and business support requirements for fee earners, anticipating the teams needs where possible
- Assisting with the preparation of all financial transactions as required.
- Drafting and formatting of letters, documents, and forms
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing and word-processing
- Proactive diary management for allocated fee earners
- Carrying out billing, and updating spreadsheets
As a Legal Secretary you will have:
• Experience within a legal environment / professional services environment
• Strong legal administration experience
• Experience in case management systems (SOS/iManage)
• Experience of working in a client facing environment.
• Broad knowledge of administrative tasks in legal practices.
• Sound knowledge of IT skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams, Zoom, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of your work
• Strong communication and organisation skills
Benefits of working with us as a Legal Secretary:
• Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
• Support staff bonus scheme
• 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
• Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Life Assurance
• 1/3 gym membership contribution
• Flu vaccinations
What does HCR believe, achieve and stand for?
As a Times Best Law firm, among the UK Top 70, we provide the full range of services that you would expect to organisations, business leaders and individuals. However, in our mission to give everyone the opportunity to experience a different kind of legal service we take an entrepreneurial approach. We’re flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients, delivering the best outcomes for them. We have more than 800 lawyers and support staff, including more than 150 partners, and have been awarded the Law Society’s Lexcel quality mark in recognition of our compliance and client care standards.
With eleven offices in England and Wales our well-established presence stretches from west to east, ensuring clients can access a full-service legal offering no matter where they’re located. We’ve expanded significantly in Birmingham, Cardiff and the Thames Valley, and our merger with Hewitsons has led to the addition of two new office locations (Northampton and Milton Keynes), and even further growth in London and Cambridge.
With solid connections in the communities we work in, and a track record of delivering legal advice to businesses and individuals throughout the areas we base ourselves in, our clients continue to value our approach to providing legal advice, in the way they need, when they need it.
At HCR, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them. We want to attract a diverse and ambitious workforce that reflects all backgrounds and skills to create a workplace that is supportive and inclusive, recognises and nurtures talent, and which works together to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
We also want you to achieve your absolute best during the recruitment process. Please let us know of any changes we can make at any point that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV.
A note for recruitment agencies – The HCR Resourcing Team is responsible for recruitment across the firm, and where possible will use direct hiring methods. We do work with a Preferred Supplier List, and where appropriate, we will release vacancies to those agencies who we deem most appropriate to support us. Only those agencies will be invited to submit candidates via our recruitment portal. Any speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to any employee or Partner of HCR will not be considered an introduction, and no fees will be applicable. Furthermore, we retain the right to pursue these candidates without query of ownership.
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions