Conveyancing Legal Secretary
Our client is a top law firm based in Central London. They specialise in commercial law, real estate and property, commercial and general litigation, personal injury, employment, family, insolvency, business and private immigration. They are also one of the foremost English law firms providing Shari’ah compliant services alongside regular client services.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a variety of tasks which will include:
- File opening/closures – prepare anti money laundering documentation, set up paper files, check ledger balances, process client documents
- Handling caller and client enquiries
- Billing – preparing invoices and liaising with accounts team
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing agendas
- Requesting and tracking progress of searches with online providers
- Printing, scanning, copying and filing client documents, correspondence and emails
- Completing SDLT returns in draft for approval by fee earners
- Drafting letters, documents, emails, statements, etc
- Dealing with pre- and post-completion requirements
- Scheduling and checking of deeds and documentation
- Completing legal forms and obtaining copy documents from the Land Registry, Local Authorities, etc.
- Liaising with clients and other interested parties as requested by fee earners
- Conducting legal research
Location- Strand London
Who are they looking for?
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Legal Administrator within a conveyancing department
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy deadline driven setting
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and people skills.
- Ability to use IT systems/applications (MS Office) proficiently and learn new IT skills as required
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, contact Jessica Elliott at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02080905057 (office hours)
Recruitment / Consulting
7 Bell Yard, London, Greater London, WC2A 2JR, England