The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
Dedicated to your career every step of the way
The Junior Office Assistant undertakes a number of general office administration and reception duties. They work closely with other administration staff to help maintain a smooth and efficient office. The office junior is proactive in their work habits and shows high interest and engagement in all tasks delegated to them. They learn quickly and gain valuable experience that enables them to develop further within the firm.
The role would suit a Legal Secretaries Diploma Graduate.
The work will include some or all of the following tasks:
• Photocopying and scanning and topping up paper in printers/photocopiers.
• Compiling/binding documents.
• Opening post and distributing post, franking/stamping post, preparing it for collection and delivering where necessary.
• Reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and transferring calls and taking and passing on messages.
• Assisting with filing.
• File closing/archiving and deeds scheduling.
• Preparing meeting rooms, preparing refreshments and clearing and tidying meeting rooms.
• External deliveries.
• Carrying out AML searches and any other administrative tasks which may be required by the firm from time to time.
• Subject to your capabilities and skill set, you may be required to carry out duties normally undertaken by other staff members, and cover for holiday/sickness absences.
You may be assigned to a team or department within the firm (including accounts, IT or any other support department), or provide assistance to all the departments within the firm, depending on the tasks allocated to you. If you are assigned to a team, the department/team to which you are assigned may vary from time to time. You will be working with the team, and therefore the number of people you assist may vary from time to time. You will report to the Head of the Department to which you are assigned (unless otherwise indicated), but will be required to carry out work for any members of the team.
Depending on the needs of the business and your skill set, you may be required to work for more than one team/department at a time. You must have the ability and flexibility to work as a member of a team, to work constructively with our technology and show a friendly and helpful attitude.
• Basic keyboard skills, knowledge of Microsoft office, Word, Excel.
• Ability to manage time and prioritise workload effectively.
• Good telephone skills.
• Keeping the firm’s and our clients affairs confidential
• Quick learner
• Pleasant demeanour and high level of personal presentation.
• Reliable, dependable and willing to help at all times.
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions