Executive Assistant/Legal PA
Tuesday 16th November 2021
Friday 17th December 2021
We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional Executive Assistant to provide support to our Corporate and Commercial team based in Putney. Candidates must have law firm experience.
What you’re like
- you are highly motivated and professional
- you are quick thinking and a fast learner
- you are able to work with limited supervision
- you have strong organisational and time management skills
- you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- you have keen attention to detail
- you have strong literacy and spelling ability and a high level of IT literacy/proficiency
- you have numeracy understanding and ability to understand financial ledgers
- you are a team player and willing to contribute to the success of the team/department
- you are able to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to high team morale
- you are able to maintain an interest in and understanding of the basic legal principles and procedures in the relevant work areas
- you have a reasonable awareness of conduct and negligence risks so as to be able to raise any circumstances of concern where these are observed
- you have an ability to take initiative
- you are proactive, energetic and supportive, responding well to challenges and being very committed to outstanding client service and team success
What we’re like
- The team is based in Putney and is comprised of four partners, two senior associates, five associates, and two executive assistants.
- We are leaders in our field but we are just as committed to maintaining a friendly and supportive working environment.
- We encourage collaboration and sharing know-how for the benefit of clients and each other.
- You will be part of a supportive cohort of your peers from across the firm, participating in a variety of firm-wide projects.
The Key Responsibilities and Duties of the role
What you’ll be doing – some examples
- Preparation of substantial corporate and banking transaction documentation, reports and advice
- Data room and email management
- Preparation of documents such as board minutes, resolutions and stock transfer forms
- Company formations and administration and UK trade mark applications and searches
- Facilitating high service standards and the provision of an excellent service to clients
- File opening and closing
- Companies House searches and filings
- Client billing and assisting with the team’s financial management
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of relationships with the Firm’s clients and being able to communicate in a professional, and accomplished way with clients and others.
- To answer telephones promptly in a professional, cheerful and helpful way at all times, and having a thorough knowledge of the operation of the Firm’s telephone system and their various functions and capability.
- To be responsible for the accurate and complete setting-up, administration and closing of client files.
- To be responsible for ensuring the department’s compliance with the Firm’s processes and procedures for housekeeping and billing.
- To act as liaison between the department and the Business Support Group (the firm’s facilities, accounting, IT, risk, & marketing teams).
- To be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Outlook (advanced) Microsoft Word (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate) and PowerPoint (basic).
- To be able to proof read and check outgoing communications.
- To participate in the promotion of the production of consistent and high quality documents and communications in the department and identifying any failure to meet the minimum standards required.
- To be responsible for assisting team members with basic IT enquiries before referring them to the Service Desk.
- To work and behave in a professional manner and to high professional standards.
- Comply with the procedures set out in the Office Manual.
- To contribute to the success, growth and development of the department and the Firm.
- Treat all information about the Firm and its clients and their business as wholly confidential.
- To be familiar with and observe the Firm’s Best Practice Guide.
- To respect partners, staff and clients and in turn earn the respect of the department and clients.
- Participate constructively in team meetings.
- Identify and attend internal training and external training as and when required.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage
Please apply via our careers website
We are not accepting submissions from agencies for this role.
Russell Cooke LLP
2 Putney Hill, Putney, London, SW15 1AB, United Kingdom