1. Main purpose of the Role:
To undertake typical work tasks, such as audio-typing, copy-typing, general word processing, dealing with telephone and e-mail enquiries, dealing with client enquiries and taking messages when and where possible, time recording and dairy management for their fee-earners.
2. Main duties and responsibilities:
• Using our Practice Management System, ALB, to produce correspondence and documents;
• Arranging meetings, prison visits, taking minutes and keeping notes;
• Liaising with clients, counsel, witnesses, other members of staff in other departments and all external contacts;
• Filing and administration, organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer based information;
• Enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in either written or electronic form i.e. diarising matters in central police station, magistrates court etc. and in relevant fee-earners diary;
• Liaising with dairy organiser to ensure matters are covered;
• Using digital dictation to produce letters;
• Establish, organise and/or maintain files;
• Coordinate information in a clear and concise manner;
• Plan, organise and prioritise time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines;
• Review and/or edit documents for accuracy and completeness;
• Arrange, coordinate or schedule time and details;
• Follow written and/or oral instructions;
• Record messages from verbal information received by telephone conversation or personal contact;
• Assemble, sort and/or distribute documents, supplies and/or materials/items.
3. Core job knowledge, Skills and experience required to do job:
• Formats for a variety of legal documents
• Legal terminology
• Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, systems, filing and records management systems, transcription systems and other office procedures and terminology.
• Research methods, techniques and / or sources of information
• Legal processes and procedures
• Grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Use automated software applications
• Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
• Confidentiality of all work related matters.
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions