Job Title: PA to Clinical Negligence Team
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Our established Clinical Negligence team is currently looking for a Personal Assistant to assist the team during this very exciting growth period.
The ideal candidate must have legal secretarial experience, within a Clinical Negligence, RTA or PI department. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, and a strong command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar are both essential. An audio typing speed of 65+ wpm is a distinct advantage. The PA is expected to be pro-active and to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing
- To administer e-filing in accordance with the in-house standards
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch if required
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information
- Help us live the 4service pledge and deliver excellent levels of client care
- Demonstrable legal secretarial experience, preferably within a Personal Injury setting
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (we may test at interview)
- Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
- Experience of working in a Personal Injury law firm, or civil litigation firm
- Experience of dealing with Clinical Negligence matters
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
- Audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute
- Experience of working with court forms and creating pleadings
- Experience of digital dictation, ideally Big Hand training, you will work a 2-week shift pattern on an early and late shift as per rota
- The salary is dependent on experience
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday but we can flexible according to a candidate's needs (reduced hours over a 5 day week)
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; PA, Legal Typist, EA, Typist, Legal PA, Secretary, Legal Administrator, Executive Assistant, Legal Office Support, Legal Assistant, Legal Business Support, Fee Earner Support will also be considered for this role.