Do you want to make a difference to the wellbeing of people in the legal community? LawCare is looking to recruit our first support services coordinator to join our small, busy team.
Working with LawCare
LawCare is an independent charity offering emotional support, information and training to the legal community in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. We work to promote good mental health and wellbeing in legal workplaces and drive change in education, training and practice. We’ve been supporting the legal community for nearly 25 years and no-one knows legal professionals like we do.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Support Services Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and developing our wonderful volunteer team, who provide emotional support to people working in the law. As part of LawCare you will be joining a community of staff and volunteers committed to supporting and promoting positive mental health in the legal community. We have just concluded a ground breaking study ‘Life in the Law’ where we asked legal professionals across the UK about their experiences of the culture and practice of law. We will be releasing the results and recommendations later in the year and these will help shape our future direction and strategy. With growing recognition about the importance of workplace mental health this is a really exciting time to be joining LawCare.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a well organised individual with empathy and compassion and experience of supporting volunteers and the legal profession, with a flexible non-judgmental approach to people and work.
About the role
- part time, permanent, 25 hours a week, hours 1-6pm, Mon to Fri , it is essential to be available 1-130pm and 530-6pm Monday to Friday but otherwise there is flexibility
- Salary 25K (pro rata)
- Home based (LawCare does not have an office)
- Some travel within the UK (when restrictions lift) you may be required to travel to Belfast, Edinburgh, London and Bath and other parts of the UK. All travel costs are reimbursed.
- Home based working which is fully embedded in our culture
- 30 days annual leave (pro rata for part time staff) plus UK bank holidays and additional Christmas leave, LawCare is closed from Dec 24-Jan 2
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
Closing date for applications
Sunday May 30 midnight, all applications to be submitted electronically on the application form with a covering letter. No CVs.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed by June 4.
Interviews on Zoom on Thursday June 10. To apply please visit our website: Work for LawCare - Job Vacancies | LawCare
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions