Legal Secretary - Commercial Property
Wednesday 27th January 2021
A legal secretary is sought by this excellent law firm to work in their Taunton office in their property team.
You will have previous commercial or residential conveyancing experience and be confident managing a busy workload in a fast paced environment where you can use your own initiative.
You will need to be able to :
- Undertake online searches;
- Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms;
Assist in the progression of conveyancing transaction including : exchanging contract and dealing with completions;
- Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence;
- Dealing with completion statements;
- Raising solicitors invoices;
- Taking instructions from and liaising with clients.
You should be able to :
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information;
- Produce documents using the firm’s case management system;
- Demonstrate good admin skills with attention to detail;
- Demonstrate good organisation skills;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and spoken;
- Cope well under pressure with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department;
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor;
- Be competent in using Word and other MS products such as Outlook and Powerpoint.
This is a full time permanent role where you can be an integral member of the commercial property department. An interest in farming and rural affairs would be useful.
The firm offer a competitive salary and benefits.
View/apply for this job
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.