Job Title: Legal Secretary / Personal Assistant (PA)
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: Dependant on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The firm is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. They pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
They're Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of the Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Their employees are their most important asset and have been instrumental in helping to recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt they rate skill and ability above all else and as such their recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
They're now looking for a new talented legal secretary or PA to join their cooperative team as they continue to grow and expand. The role will be working within a close pool of secretaries, working together to support fee earners with audio typing and the preparation of documents and correspondence. Working as a legal secretary or PA you will also use your excellent interpersonal skills in liaising directly with clients and third parties. Legal secretaries also get involved with diary management and of course filing!
- Working in a pool of legal secretaries assisting a number of Fee Earners
- You will be working in one stream of work either road traffic accidents, employers' liability, occupiers & public liability or clinical negligence
- Preparing correspondence and documents including pleadings and court bundles
- Photocopying and scanning documents (with assistance from Administration team if needed)
- Take and make calls to clients and others in a professional and friendly manner
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and liaise with lawyers, clients, Counsel and others
- Supporting other secretaries and the administration team as required
- Helping to update the Proclaim case management system where possible
- They're heading towards being a paperless office but there still will be some filing
- It's really important that you have some experience working as a legal secretary, but they're happy to teach you all about personal injury
- An excellent command of spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grade C and above at GCSE for English and Maths as a minimum)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, if you have knowledge of the Proclaim case management system that would be even better
- Audio typing skills of 65+wpm, ideally with digital dictation experience
- Ability to prioritise daily workload/good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
- Salary dependent on experience
- Standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday but they're happy to consider alternative arrangements and reduced hours, please state upon application what you are looking for
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; PA, Legal Typist, Typist, Legal PA, Secretary, Legal Administrator, Legal Office Support, Legal Assistant, Legal Business Support, Fee Earner Support will also be considered for this role.