Executive Assistant/Legal PA
Thursday 29th October 2020
Thursday 19th November 2020
Our Private Client team in Putney is seeking a highly motivated, professional Executive Assistant who can demonstrate a breadth of skills and experience.
The successful candidate will work in a supportive collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
The Private Client team handles high quality work including: the administration of complex estates; advising on residence and domicile; cross-border issues; advising individuals on the tax implications of family breakdown; succession planning for family businesses and entrepreneurs; the creation, administration and taxation of trusts; advising on and drafting wills; taxation advice; and advising on capacity issues. Our client base is varied and we act for high-net worth individuals and their families who are UK based as well as international clients.
Main purpose of job:
- Proactively to support designated fee earners to provide excellent service to clients and prospective clients.
- To promote the provision of an outstanding experience of the Firm to everyone externally and internally dealing with the Firm and the department.
- To provide high quality support to the department.
- To take responsibility for departmental administrative processes.
- To monitor and facilitate departmental compliance with Firm-wide systems.
- To oversee and direct designated Administrative Assistants.
- To provide a source of information and expertise in relation to the operation of systems.
- To solve problems and make suggestions for continuous improvements in working practices and procedures.
- To work effectively and cooperatively with other Executive Assistants in the department to ensure the efficient division of responsibilities where appropriate and the maintenance of effective team working.
- To identify any opportunities and to provide personally occasional fee paying services to clients.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Word (advanced) Microsoft Excel (intermediate) and PowerPoint (basic).
- Ability to proof read and check outgoing communications when required.
- Participating in the promotion of the production of consistent and high quality documents and communications in the department and identifying any failure to meet the minimum standards required.
- To be responsible for assisting team members with basic IT enquiries before referring them to the IT Service Desk.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of relationships with the Firm’s clients and being able to communicate in a professional, and accomplished way with clients and others. Answering telephones promptly in a professional, cheerful and helpful way at all times, and having a thorough knowledge of the operation of the Firm’s telephone system and its various functions and capability.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Outlook, specifically fee earner diary management and travel arrangements, meeting room and car parking bookings, and professional support in fee earner communications with clients.
- To have access to all departmental and fee earner diaries to be aware of availability at all times.
- Adopting a client perspective to facilitate the maintenance of high service standards and the provision an excellent service to clients including the prompt communications by fee earners.
- Proactive and knowledgeable approach in respect of all new work enquiries including dealing professionally with clients, determining the best course of action and maintaining the New Enquiries log.
- Responsibility for prompting and reporting upon Client File Reviews.
File opening and closing
- To be responsible for the accurate and complete setting-up, administration and closing of client files.
- Proficient use of the Firm’s SOS accounts system used for recording key client and matter information and settings.
- Accurate completion of business source codes and narrative for all new matters created using SOS.
- Ensuring fee earner compliance with all relevant risk management requirements on file opening and closing, including records of conflict checking, anti-money laundering checks, client care letters/terms and conditions, file management checklists and large value retainers.
- Responsibility for ensuring the department’s compliance with the Firm’s processes and procedures for housekeeping and billing.
- Being able to understand and interpret financial data in the Firm’s accounts software.
- Assisting the fee earner with formal elements of client billing.
- Ensuring that designated fee earners complete monthly matter management returns and be responsible for ensuring the provision of all returns to Accounts.
- Taking a proactive role in credit control for the fee earner’s outstanding bills.
- To participate in promoting the financial success of the team and the making of targets and to identify with the teams goals and objectives.
Acting as liaison between the department and Business Support Group (BSG)
- Responsibility for the department’s HR system entries.
- To ensure that all absences of fee earners from the office are diarised and that accurate returns are made to HR of sickness and holidays for all staff and partners.
- Ensure the department keeps client information on SOS updated.
- Co-ordinate departmental submissions to the Legal Directories.
- To ensure regular updating of client care documents in response to relevant changes.
- Assist in all aspects of the department’s events, away days, seminars or other events the department may arrange including mailing lists, invitations, responses, and creating any content.
- Ensuring that web biographies are regularly updated.
Key Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to facilitate the efficient administration of multiple documents, whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, able to develop good working relationships with clients and third parties.
- Attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Strong literacy and spelling ability and a high level of IT literacy/proficiency.
- Numeracy and ability to understand financial ledgers.
- Be a team player who shows willingness to contribute to the success of the team/department and works collaboratively with colleagues; a person who contributes to high team morale.
- Maintaining an interest in and understanding of the basic legal principles and procedures in the relevant work areas.
- To have a reasonable awareness of conduct and negligence risks so as to be able to raise any circumstances of concern where these are observed.
- An ability to take initiative.
- Proactive, energetic and supportive, responding well to challenges and being very committed to outstanding client service and team success.
- To work and behave in a professional manner and to high professional standards.
- Comply with procedures set out in the Office Manual.
- To contribute to the success, growth and development of the department and the Firm.
- Treat all information about the Firm and its clients and their business as wholly confidential.
- To be familiar with and observe the Firm’s Best Practice Guide.
- To respect partners, staff and clients and in turn earn the respect of the department and clients.
- Participate constructively in team meetings.
- Identify and attend internal training and external training as and when required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
We are not accepting Agency Submissions
Russell Cooke LLP
2 Putney Hill, Putney, London, SW15 1AB, United Kingdom