Personal Assistant – Head of Training
Personal Assistant – Head of Training
Express Solicitors are a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. We cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. At Express, we pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of our Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
We are now looking for a talented Personal Assistant (PA) to our Head of Training. In addition to excellent PA skills, they will have the tenacity and organisational skills to manage the diaries of internal staff delegates for training within the company of over 300 people. This role will require effective record keeping, and an excellent grasp of IT – specifically ability to perform basic manipulation of excel. Applicants MUST a legal understanding and ideally a background within Personal Injury.
In addition to the contribution of PA support to the Head of Training and playing a key role in the organisation of the training the role will involve assisting the delivery of new training.
This role would suit someone who has experience as a legal secretary or paralegal and wishes to move into a training role.
This role can be full-time or part-time, depending on the candidate. Minimum 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday preferred.
* Working for both the Head of Training and the wider training Team
* Understanding and organising the staff training programme
* Managing delegates attendance (checking the HR system for work patterns etc)
* Coordination of attendees for seminars and workshops
* Coordination of attendees for coaching
* Uploading attendance into the LMS and ensuring meticulous attention to detail
* Working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of training events
* Audiotyping, course creation materials, printing, booking rooms
* Interrogating and filtering excel information regarding caseloads
* Using the Proclaim case management system to extract information
* Diarising and chasing outcomes from coaching meetings
* Knowledge and understanding of junior lawyer pathways
* Excellent command of spoken and written English
* Experience of working within personal injury.
* Diarising and excellent organisation skills essential
* Excellent gatekeeping in terms of delegates and attendance
* Tenacity and ability to get to the end of a job
* Strong PC literacy. Ability to sort and filter excel is essential
* Strong interpersonal skills
Salary, Hours & Benefits
* The starting salary is £10 per hour.
* Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.
* 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period.
* 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service.
* Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service.
* Death in Service – 2 x salary based on annual salary only – eligibility commences when you join the company
* Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Team Nights out, Christmas party, biennial Summer Party
* Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT – available immediately
Please note excel and typing tests will be performed at interview stage.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or visit or careers page on www.expresssolicitors.co.uk/careers