Personal Assistant - Real Estate (Finance) - 12 Month FTC
Wednesday 14th November 2018
Mishcon de Reya LLP is a law firm with offices in London and New York. Founded in 1937 by Victor Mishcon, the firm now employs nearly 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of services to companies and individuals. In every area of law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya LLP prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically, we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate.
The Real Estate department's core practice areas include construction, development and urban regeneration, fashion and retail, investment, planning and environment, residential, dispute resolution, finance and taxation. Our clients span both the world of corporate and private wealth giving us a unique perspective on the market. Our infrastructure of connections and investors coupled with our understanding of the complex policy landscape, are both highly valued by our clients. We find practical commercial solutions, underpinned by a tenacious determination to get the deal done. We offer a one stop shop for property services from acquisition and planning, through to construction, disposal and asset management, encompassing both commercial and residential property.
The Real Estate Finance team
The Real Estate Finance team advises financial institutions (including clearing banks, second tier banks and private banks) private equity funds, hedge funds, institutional funds, developers and investors on all aspects of real estate, corporate and other general finance transactions. The team has significant experience in advising on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions and disputes, enabling them to identify and address the needs of their international client base.
* To provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, billing, dictation, maintenance of calendars and contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction
* Plan, coordinate, schedule internal/external meetings and conference calls (UK and overseas)
* Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate
* Dealing with all internal and external clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner
* Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents including, but not limited to letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately
* Opening and closing of files as required
* Managing the filing system for fee earners (paper and electronic) by ensuring all relevant documents are sorted and accurately filed regularly. Also managing closed files, ensuring these are effectively archived.
* Preparing and sending e-mails to include attaching documents, printing and filing of incoming e-mails, attachments and confirmations
* Offering assistance to others in the department as required
* Maintain routine billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process
* Checking accounts system for monies on account and checking to see whether bills have been paid
* Provide assistance to other Partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries or paralegals in the team, as and when required
* A positive "can do" attitude and a team focussed approach
* Strong secretarial/PA skills
* Strong drafting skills
* Proficient with monthly billing process
* Proactive and takes initiative
* Ability to work with people of all levels of the business and handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy, discretion and professionalism
* A willingness to take on additional tasks and assist others when required
* Strong organisational skills
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Adaptable and flexible approach
* Resilience and ability to work under pressure, prioritise, multitask and balance various work requests
* Ability to be a strong and positive role model for secretaries and PPAs across the department
* MS Office package knowledge, specifically PowerPoint, Excel & Word
* Strong working knowledge of BigHand, Filesite, Aderant and InterAction highly desirable
* Typing speed at least 65 wpm
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.