Legal Secretary (Charity and Social Enterprise Team)
Wednesday 1st August 2018
Sunday 30th September 2018
Boundary House, London, EC1M 6HR
The post is for a Legal Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to the members of the CHSE Team in our London office. The role will work alongside other secretaries providing support to the CHSE team across Bath and London offices.
Your Tasks – Standard Secretarial role
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with clients and agents as and when required both verbally and in person;
- Filing – both electronically (opening and closing of files) and physical filing, having a robust system in place for this task.
- General file management;
- Typing, formatting and processing of documents;
- Preparing post, arranging couriers and dealing with any faxing requests;
- General document production including printing, photocopying, binding, scanning documents
- Preparing precedents of documents and storing them on the network;
- Diary management; ensuring fee-earners are aware of upcoming work/issues; pre-empting any potential issues, arranging meetings, travel arrangements and internal training
- Attend team meetings, produce minutes/printing docs for team for meetings and make constructive contributions to meetings.
- Assist with management of retainers (e.g. arranging client visits and preparing document pack for visit/costs/reports on usage).
- Processing billing documents/expenses and liaising with the Accounts team where necessary;
- Undertaking any additional administrative tasks as reasonably required by the Team.
- Assist fee earners in London office as required, being pro-active about helping with file management/bundles etc.
- Tracking of tasks/commitments requested by colleagues
- Cost management - producing reports re-estimates and updating the fee earner, including monitoring fee earners actual time against budget where fixed fee agreed.
- Attend team seminars (external and internal) when required.
- Producing standard docs/letters for review by fee earner.
- Preparation of instructions to Counsel, including checking and correctly collating enclosures.
- Typing and preparing applications to the court including checking and collating attachments and enclosures.
- Strong inter-personal skills when dealing with clients and work colleagues alike.
- Excellent communication skills not only in person but also in writing and via telephone
- Strong IT skills; with the ability to adapt to new systems quickly
- Proactive with an active interest in what we do as a team, finances etc.
- Accurate and efficient audio and copy typing skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- High attention to detail.
- Ownership of tasks through to completion.
- The ability to resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organisational and communication skills.
- Administrative capacity and the ability to contribute to improving working practices.
You will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the Heads of Team/Team Manager(s) and the Head of CHSE as appropriate.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.
Salary and benefits
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Benefit Platform
Private Medical Insurance
Life assurance (4 x salary)
25 days holiday (in addition to statutory UK holidays).
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. It is important that the successful candidate is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The candidate must be discreet when dealing with the Firm’s confidential affairs.
Stone King LLP is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity by encouraging all our staff to achieve their full potential and guaranteeing that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant information or discriminatory practices.
13 Queen Square, Bath, South West England, BA1 2HJ, UK