Junior Litigation Secretary
Sunday 24th September 2023
The role provides administrative and file management support across the team. Work will come either directly from the fee earner or through the work allocated by the Practice Assistants. The role is accountable for establishing and maintaining an ongoing service-based relationship with the team they support recognising and translating the needs and expectations into a responsive service.
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with Practice Assistants (PA) to provide support to Client & Marketing for scheduling tender meetings, directory interviews, client training etc.
- Liaise with Practice Assistants to enter, maintain and update Interaction - adding new prospects, clients and contacts, activities and business development information.
- Responsible for ensuring current knowledge of client specific protocols and processes and building these into current practices.
- File management - updating and maintaining all files, ensuring documents are filed correctly and named in line with the business wide naming convention and the correct folder structures are adopted (both electronic and paper).
- File opening and closing - matters are set up on the relevant document/case management system. Undertake all file closing/archiving procedures ensuring compliant at all times.
- Assisting the Practice Assistants as directed in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars and conferences, (vulture) responsible for arranging registers delegates; booking travel; printing/sending materials; arrange give-aways.
- Responsible for ordering all promotional goods and ensuring stock levels.
- Make room and taxi bookings as requested, organising hand deliveries and courier requests, and other ad-hoc requests.
- Printing/copying/scanning of documents flowing to document solutions for support with high volume jobs, as appropriate.
- Liaising with fellow team members on workload and ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- Answering internal calls for other members of the team.
- Liaising with and taking direction from your Hub Leader, Practice Assistants and Legal Support Assistants.
- Assisting with billing as required
- Assistingwith expenses as required
- Responsible for managing priorities and workload to ensure deadlines are met and liaising with Hub Leader/Legal Support Managers where challenges arise.
- Responsible for creating and uploading information to client data rooms, in line with instructions from fee earners, Practice Assistants and Legal Support Assistants.
- Production of court bundles, both paper and electronic copies, ensuring the master bundle is correctly prepared in line with fee earner instructions and court rules and instructions provided to central copy team to complete printing/copying of master bundles; suitable delivery methods pre-booked as needed.
- Checking client and internal data for accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance with firm wide/department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for checking post and/or emails and dealing with as appropriate ensuring all client related correspondence is appropriately filed in firms document management systems.
- Attending team meetings
- Liaising with fee earners, Hub Leaders and Legal Support Managers to take instruction and liaise on work requirements.
- Consistently and appropriately update service users on progress where appropriate.
- Regularly offer assistance wherever possible
Essential Skills & Experience
- An effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external clients in a professional manner; striving to provide exceptional service at all times.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage own time effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Conscientious, taking personal responsibility for own work and accountability for its delivery and quality.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer/client service focused
- Proactive, professional and flexible approach to work
- Keen to develop over a period of time with a willingness and ability to learn
- Excellent team player, sharing team goals to provide excellent quality and efficiency of service, with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- Relevant office-based administration experience
- An aptitude for administration management and processes, with experience of working with document management/case management systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
View/apply for this job
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.