The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
Dedicated to your career every step of the way
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a motivated and forward-thinking Junior PA to join a top law firm in London.
Working hours: Full-time (Monday - Friday; 9:30 - 5:30)
Reports to: Departmental Support Manager
Team: Contentious Trusts and Estates
The Contentious Trusts & Estates team specialises in trusts and estates disputes. The team’s work breaks down into big-ticket trust disputes, usually international, and substantial probate disputes/inheritance act claims, typically domestic. These cases are generally high-value, complex and document-heavy.
The contentious trusts and estates team is permanently recruiting for a Junior Practice Assistant.
• Has an awareness of PA and Fee Earners' workloads and assists them to plan.
• Assists Fee earners and PAs in monitoring critical dates on matters.
Client Relationship and Business Development
• Provides excellent service to clients, fee earners and colleagues in a timely and professional manner, always presenting a positive image of the Firm.
• Understands and uses InterAction effectively to support fee earners’ BD efforts, including recording business development meetings in InterAction as required.
• Produces typed work accurately and in accordance with the firm’s house style.
• Makes effective use of the Document Management System.
• Creates new documents from the Firm’s templates, using contact data from InterAction where appropriate.
• Proofreads all documents for spelling, grammar and sense, querying wording where appropriate.
• Assists in the production of bundles where required.
• Maintains a high level of proficiency in core IT applications, including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Ensures that files within the case management system are kept in good order to access documents easily.
• Works in accordance with the department protocol about e-filing.
• Works with Fee Earners and other PAs to maintain regular file management, ensuring all files are closed and archived, as appropriate, and a risk assessment has been undertaken.
• Keeps accurate records of all files sent to off-site storage via Records.
Financial Risk Management
• Has a good knowledge and application of the Firm's procedures in billing, AML, Credit Control and debt management.
• Sets up conflict searches for review by fee earners, correctly identifying the appropriate classification for each entry, and seeking guidance where necessary.
• Prepares bills (including bill narratives if required) and covering letters to clients, as required by fee earners.
• Deals with time-recording matters for Fee Earners as required (for example, to record holiday absence).
• Has excellent timekeeping and prioritises work effectively.
• Is flexible, reliable, cooperative and has a professional approach to work.
• Works as a positive, friendly and helpful team player.
• Communicates positively and constructively.
• Interacts in good faith and demonstrates effective listening.
• Recognises, respects and honours client confidentiality at all times.
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.