The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
Dedicated to your career every step of the way
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a professional Front of House Assistant to join a top law firm in London.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to contribute to helping to run and maintain a professional reception desk, look after the Front of House area at all times, as well as undertaking switchboard duties and coordinating centralised meeting room reservation positions. The main focus is on Client Care so customer service skills are essential.
Ensuring all tasks are carried out to the required standards, including:
• Meeting and greeting clients in reception, client-facing meeting rooms and lounge areas with a friendly, professional and courteous smile.
• Looking after all internal and external clients when in FOH areas-providing directions, support and care.
• Working with extremely confidential information.
• Maintaining all FOH areas at all times-restocking literature, and newspapers and making sure the areas are tidy.
• In communication with the Concierge team, making sure early or late arrivals are looked after, offered refreshments and escorted to appropriate meeting rooms.
• Managing Emails/Inboxes in a timely manner.
• Using Microsoft Office, Outlook, DMS, Teams/Zoom, Manhattan meeting room booking system and Jabber/ ARC Console switchboard systems.
• Ensuring the meeting rooms are set up, and vacated on time and any maintenance issues are reported.
• In communication with Catering and IT teams accommodating last-minute requests, extra AV and refreshments orders etc.
• Maintaining stationery and necessary equipment in the meeting rooms.
• Liaising with Hospitality, IT and other areas of the Firm to provide a smooth-running service area for internal and external clients.
• Using ARC Console switchboard operator system and other associated equipment to answer all external/internal calls.
• Announce all calls to Partners, Consultants and Directors.
• Re-directing and screening the calls as appropriate and taking adequate messages when required.
• Accommodating, managing and processing the high volume of meeting room requests when received via email or phone call.
• Knowing the type, location, size and layout of the meeting rooms available and accommodating all requests to the best availability/demand.
• Creating and maintaining the reservation records, and communicating the information to the host.
• Ad-hoc admin tasks as and when required.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a professional services environment and have a proven record working on a busy and demanding Reception, switchboard and reservations desk. They must have excellent communication skills, efficient telephone manners and always display maturity.
A calm, flexible as well as energetic attitude is needed, to be able to assist cross-departmentally within the Front of House team. They will possess excellent customer service and complaint-handling skills. They will also be computer literate and possess good organisational skills.
It is essential the right candidate takes pride in their presentation and exercises both patience and discretion, coupled with the ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good command of the English language (verbal, written).
• Excellent telephone manners.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
• Excellent listening skills, and ability to deal with difficult and distressed clients.
• Ability to effectively manage own workload.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners / key stakeholders.
• Resilient and calm under pressure.
• Adaptable and flexible approach.
• Proactive and takes the initiative.
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.