Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a top Law firm in the City. The Legal Secretary will work within the Regulatory department.
The Legal Secretary will perform a variety of secretarial duties for fee earners. The Legal Secretary will report to the Secretarial Services Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LEGAL SECRETARY
• Transcribe from tapes, handwritten materials and/or dictation.
• Organise and prioritise telephone calls, mail, documents and projects.
• Read and deal with incoming mail. Ensure that outgoing mail is timely delivered.
• Schedule and organise activities such as meetings, conferences, travel and departmental activities.
• Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems.
• Maintain filing and record management system.
• Open new files, maintain all client and general files.
• Prepare legal documents and provides administrative support for partners and attorneys.
• Exercise discretion and judgement, prioritise effectively and often handle requests from multiple
functional areas and external parties.
• Work closely with administrative support staff.
• Ensure that fee earners time sheets are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Perform overload typing, filing, photocopying.
• Other related duties and projects as required.
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.