Legal Secretary - Employment
The Legal Secretary will provide first class professional legal secretarial and administrative support working for 3 fee earners (1 Partner, 1 Senior Associate and 1 experienced Associate) working closely together in the Employment department.
Main responsibilities of the Legal Secretary
• Producing correspondence via BigHand digital dictation system and/or copy typing.
• Amending documents using track changes.
• Diary management.
• Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented.
• Preparing trial bundles for Court/Employment Tribunal.
• Liaising with Counsel’s Chambers on various client matters.
• Completing witness statements.
• Document management and related administrative tasks.
• Redacting documents.
• Producing PowerPoint slide presentations.
• Assisting with business development initiatives including event management.
• Maintaining various departmental databases.
• Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices.
• Liaising with respective fee earners to establish priority of work.
• Corresponding or speaking with clients/third parties as required.
• Maintain up-to-date files of all correspondence and other documents.
• Scanning/copying/archiving as required.
• Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
• Excellent IT skills including the use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Typing speed of 70wpm+ and with a very high level of accuracy.
• Previous secretarial and PA experience within Employment/Litigation.
• Ability to produce accurate, correctly presented documents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Full understanding of new client opening procedures and know your client requirements.
• Competent in all aspects of time recording, complicated billing and cash collection processes.
• Enthusiastic and committed.
• A resilient character with a positive attitude.
• Willingness and ability to exercise own initiative.
• Desire to operate as an integral part of the legal team.
• Pride in a job well done.
• Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
• A strong team player.
• Professionally presented.
• A strong communicator with individuals of all levels.
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.