Legal Secretary - Intellectual Property
Wednesday 26th January 2022
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Recruiting for an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join and outstanding law firm in the City to work in the highly respected Intellectual Property department.
The role is versatile and requires a proactive individual with a flexible approach who is comfortable working without supervision. Proven experience supporting a team of Senior Associates is essential.
This role additionally requires excellent technical skills and attention to detail, as you will be working on high level technical cases and a wide range of software applications.
The successful applicant will display an ability to build strong relationships and to remain calm under pressure, as well as the ability to prioritise and will have previous experience in a similar role, demonstrating their flexibility to manage an ever-changing working environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the firm, its sectors and how the Legal Secretarial role contributes towards the wider success of the firm.
- Discuss and form a foundation for the working relationship based on a mutual understanding of the expectations for delivery of the role and the approach of each party to the other.
- Diary management for stakeholders, dealing with conflicts in a professional manner, acting as a robust gatekeeper and proactively managing the diary in real time to ensure effective communication of whereabouts and activities.
- Provide proactive reminders of meetings and events and any supporting documentation needed.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the firm's key client programme where a stakeholder has responsibility to a key client to support them and produce reports and other related admin functions.
- Helping to arrange client events, such as seminars and client lunches which require liaison with the events and reception teams and the relevant Business Development contact.
- Uploading to, or downloading from, extranet / super-net client sites.
- Ensuring stakeholder's biographies and credentials are maintained and current both on the firms system and external sites, such as LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with pitch tools, such as Loopio and providing support to the stakeholder in pitches.
- Ensuring stakeholder's contacts and mailing lists are kept updated on Outlook and OnePlace.
- Assisting with regular client billing and financial management and ensuring information relating to any client specific requirements, such as billing procedures are recorded.
- Familiarity with legal project management tools and ways of providing support to any stakeholder involved with this function.
- Preparing various account and cashier payment forms and developing a good understanding of Aderant and its key functions.
- Completion of conflict and new client/matter opening requests. Developing an understanding of all requirements for on-boarding new clients and maintaining information for existing clients.
- Drafting emails and correspondence for approval.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Assisting with administration for lawyer's qualifications or learning records.
- Assisting others in the department including covering for absence, picking up telephone calls for the group and taking accurate messages.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with good interpersonal skills
- A proactive and innovative attitude with a willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills within the role
- Approachable at all levels, adapting style to suit situation
- High level of skill on the range of applications used by the Firm and an interest in learning new software applications
- Responsibility for own personal development and skills training
- Ability to stay focused and professional in often demanding situations
- Ownership of tasks and retaining responsibility throughout
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of the wider team to meet demands
- Flexibility as to hours and the role itself, a practical/common sense approach
- High level of attention to detail, providing work that is quality checked
- Professional phone manner with the ability to communicate clearly and listen effectively
- Previous secretarial experience supporting a team of associates is essential for this role
This role will not be available for long so do not delay in applying !!!
View/apply for this job
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.