The Institute of Legal
Secretaries and PAs
The Professional Body for Legal Secretaries and PAs
We are delighted to be assisting our client with their requirement for a Junior Secretary to join their small but friendly team. This is a family legal firm and they are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop their career within the legal sector.
The role will primarily involve supporting the existing secretary and to provide general assistance to the solicitors and fee earners. You will be expected to have some experience of audio typing, diary management, and general administration skills.
As a Junior Legal Secretary your day to day remit will include:
• Interaction with clients, through email, face to face and over the telephone
• Scanning/Filing incoming post
• Typing up dictation
• Creating and amending documents
• Assisting with compiling Bundles
• File opening and closing/general filing
• Verifying Identification
• Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings
• Assisting with preparation of bills and reporting to clients
For this role our client is looking for someone who has
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility
• Audio typing experience
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Be able to work well individually
• Be able to work well as part of a team to support the fee earners.
• Ability to work under pressure
• A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise
You will receive a competitive basic salary. You will also receive life assurance and pension contributions
and be entitled to 20 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
Salary will be £14-16,000
By clicking 'View/apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
The job description will open in a new tab.
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs is not responsible for the content of external sites.