Wednesday 14th November 2018
[Forward to a friend]
(9-5:30 Monday - Friday)
BD & Marketing
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
The Business Development & Marketing team takes much care of the firm’s external reputation, employing a number of tools to optimise our profile in the market. Growing profitable income from clients and targets is the key aim of the national Business Development team, and they do this in two main ways, by:
* supporting Relationships (with existing Clients, Targets and Intermediaries)
* developing a strong brand, profile and Reputation for Shoosmiths in the UK market and overseas.
To deliver to a high standard, and with minimal supervision, the project-management of Shoosmiths’ national, annual research process with the key legal directories (Chambers UK and Legal 500), working with legal advisers and team leaders across the firm to ensure submissions are completed on time, in order to enhance the firm’s reputation in key legal fields.
This role can be an entry point into professional services marketing for a skilled secretary or administrator.
* Fast touch-typing skills and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word
* High standards of written and verbal communication
* Accustomed to working to tight deadlines
* Excellent project-management skills
* At least two years of office administration experience, working for a law firm would be advantageous. .
* Comfortable working to strict deadlines and in pressurised, document-heavy environments without compromising on quality of work
* Confident working closely with senior stakeholders, able to influence and persuade them
* Updating the Quotes database with favourable quotes from the latest directories, for use in bids and on the Shoosmiths website
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions