Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to work for a Law firm in the Mayfair area. The Legal Secretary will report to the Secretarial Services Manager.
The Legal Secretary will focus on providing cover for legal secretaries in various departments when they are on long term sickness/annual leave and for other urgent needs.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Legal Secretary:
• Provide general administrative support to manage inboxes, calendars and contacts, reviewing and routing internal and external mail and managing client files and folders, taking full ownership of service delivery at all times
• Assist the fee earners in effectively managing all incoming and outgoing communications and acting as an ambassador for the fee earners and the department at all times
• Provide excellent customer service to clients by developing a good understanding and awareness of key clients and related departmental responsibilities and projects.
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of internal and external meetings, ensuring that relevant facilities and logistics are organised and confirmed.
• Take ownership of all aspects of document production, received from the fee earners either through dictation, general instruction or by personally drafting.
• Prepare billing guides and assist with client bill preparation
• Create files and manage the filing on matters by ensuring that all relevant documents are scanned
• Book and arrange travel for fee earners making sure itineraries are prepared
• Work as part of a cohesive Department Secretarial team, providing support to other fee earners
• Be proactive in coming up with ways to improve processes and ways of working, spotting opportunities to ease the administrative burden on fee earners where appropriate and relevant
By clicking 'Apply for this job' you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions